Travel + leisure
1. Kathryn has checked out private island resorts and Caribbean yachts, but this feature, written in the voice of a dog, was the most fun to report.
2. Do you like man beards, whiskey libraries, and man beards? Then you'll love KOE's feature on Portland, Oregon, her hipper-than-thou hometown.
3. Kathryn's night at Bemelman's, an Upper East Side bar steeped in history (and gin).
4. Escape from New York: follow KOE's footsteps to the leafy Connecticut hills.
5. How does Martha Stewart look so hot at her age? Kathryn found out.
6. This essay dissects the mystery shopping industry and was almost immediately picked up by CNN (the commentary is hilarious).
7. Moon Boots: trampling the globe since 1970.
8. Designer Alexandra Champalimaud on the thrills of the masquerade ball.
10. Kathryn gets to the bottom of butler life (no surprise: it's tough).
11. Shhhhhake it like a snow globe!
12. Canadian castles are awesome, eh?
13. For T+L's Romance package, Kathryn explores the relative sexiness of both Antarctica and a Wisconsin camp.
14. Here, Kathryn discovers that Portland, Oregon, her home town, has gotten infinitely cooler since she left it.
15. Would you ever buy a metal detector that straps to your leg?
16. People in Los Angeles are beautiful.
17. People in Hamburg, Germany, are beautiful.
18. But nobody (nobody!) is as gorgeous as Audrey Hepburn on an old Schwinn.